Hello, neighbors! Alexis Goring here with a new issue of Laurel Daily. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening at Laurel today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Rain beginning in the afternoon. High: 87 Low: 70.
Here are the two main stories today in Laurel:
- Prince George County officially has a new police chief. Chef Malik Aziz sworn in by County Director Angela Alsobrooks Tuesday, after being unanimously approved by the County council. This is the old one executive director of National Association of Black Police and is widely regarded as a reformer and fervent supporter of community policing. (OMCP)
- A double alarm Fire broke in Landing, Wednesday morning, engulfing three houses, displacing 14 people and sending a firefighter to the hospital. the Prince George County Fire Department / EMS firefighters responded to the 1000 block from Catesby Terrace around 6:15 am and I found smoke coming out of a two story townhouse. (OMCP)
Today’s Laurel Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
Today at Laurier
- Laurel Dutch Country Farmers Market – Located at 9701 Fort Meade Road, the market is open. (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Storytime Outdoor Ready 2 Read (ages 3 to 5) – Take part in this event for an outdoor story hour in the library courtyard to enjoy books, songs and nursery rhymes! Face masks and physical distancing are mandatory for all participants over 2 years old. (10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
- Letterfly Pinstriping at Old Glory Harley-Davidson – Enjoy watching the hand painted designs come to life as the Artist (Letterfly) exercises her special skills as a striped, painterly and lettering artist on motorcycles and helmets for a growing list of satisfied customers. No tickets or reservations required. (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Auricular acupuncture at the main campus of MUIH – Masters level acupuncture students, under the supervision of licensed and experienced teachers, provide safe and effective ear therapy. Limit: Six participants per seat to ensure a safe, physically remote and peaceful experience. (1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Hip Hop Xtreme with Dréa (July 8)
- [Webinar] Roof Replacement 101: Everything You Need to Know (July 10)
- Evening between parents: painting evening in pajamas (July 16)
You are all caught up for today. I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Alexis Göring
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I am a resident of the Bowie area with a pulse for people, news and reporting! I worked as a freelance writer / editor / proofreader in the media industry for 15 years. I am also a published author, experienced blogger, and the founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Laurel Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.