“If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life,” said Jessie Lynn, who the River area has known for years as “Alabama’s Singing Cowgirl.”
Soon, she might also be known as the “Walking Cowgirl of Alabama.”
The country singer / songwriter from Prattville has just taken on a brand new radio role on News Talk 93.1 FM, a morning talk show host. His first day on “Three men and a lady” was June 29.
“First and foremost, I am delighted to be joining the Bluewater broadcast family, ”said Lynn,“ I am so excited to be doing something that I have enjoyed from a young age. ”
Lynn is a multi-award-winning independent country music singer / songwriter, Nashville recording artist and proud CMA member.
“It’s a great opportunity to really put my foot forward as an on-air personality and it definitely fits my job,” said Lynn.
She said she was honored to work with co-hosts Greg Budell, Rich Thomas and Jay Scott, as well as Chase at High Speed.
“We are delighted that Jessie is joining the WACV morning show,” said Rick Peters, Managing Partner of Bluewater. “Someone has to add a female perspective to this ‘boys club’, and she’s just the person to do it.”
“Trois hommes et une dame” is broadcast live on weekdays from 6 am to 9 am and rebroadcast on Saturdays from 6 am to 8:30 am and Sunday from 6 am to 9 am.
Even before the radio show, Lynn had a pretty busy schedule.
“You have to expect a lot of mornings, but I’m pretty used to it with owning an equestrian operation and, of course, being a country music artist,” said Lynn, who received her masters degree. from Auburn University in 2018. “Overall it’s just a perfect fit all around, and I can’t wait to see where it goes!”
Some of Lynn’s songs she has released in recent years include “I’m Diggin It”, “Dirt to Diva”, “Boots n Bling It’s a Cowgirl Thing” and “Every Lost One of Us”. Even with the new radio show, Lynn said she will still have the opportunity to tour, create new songs, and grow in her music career.
She is also entering the fashion sector through jewelry and designer clothing. Dirt to Diva Designs.
Last Friday she gave a “Live on the Green” performance at Russell Lands on Lake Martin, and on Saturday she sang the national anthem for the July 4th celebration at the Lake Martin Amphitheater.
Going forward, Lynn has scheduled shows on July 22 at Sinclair’s East in Montgomery and a full show on October 10 at Blue Iguana Beach Bar & Grill in Prattville.
Follow Lynn online at jessielynn.net and on his social networks: Facebook @ JessieLynn. Official Page, Instagram jessielynn_official, Twitter @JessieLynnJL, Youtube Jessie Lynn Official, and TikTok @JessieLynnOfficial.
For more information on Bluewater Broadcasting, visit bluewaterbroadcasting.com.
Lynn was nominated for Female Artist of the Year, Modern Country Artist of the Year, Modern Country Singer of the Year and Songwriter Achievement for the 2020 Josie Music Awards at Dollywood on 5 September. Previous honors she has received include:
• Modern Country Female Artist of the Year 2019 – The Josie Music Awards in Pigeon Forge, TN
• Female singer of the year 2019 – ISSA (International Singer Songwriter Association) in Atlanta, GA
• 2018 KICMA Awards in Antioch, TN – Singer of the Year, “Dirt to Diva” Music Video of the Year and Jessie Lynn Fans Named Fan Club of the Year
• 2018 North American Country Music Associations International (NACMAI) – Rising Star Adult Female Traditional Country Artist, Most Promising Traditional Country Singer, Patriotic Album of the Year (in line of duty), Music Videos of the Year (Country – “Dirt à Diva”), & (Bluegrass – “Home in a Holler”)
• CMA Fest 2019, 2018 & 2017 – Several appearances, radio interviews and performances
• 2017 Alabama Music Association adult singer and artist of the year in new country, traditional country and bluegrass
• 2017 Indie Artist Magazines Coalition – Female Artist of the Year
• 2017 Florida Country Radio Female Artist of the Year
• 2017 – North American Country Music Associations International (NACMAI) – Horizon Award for adult new country singer and her album “A Softer Side of Country” was named “Most Promising Album of the Year”
• 2016 – Alabama Music Association’s Female Adult Vocalist & Entertainer of the Year in New Country
• 2016 – The Josie Music Awards in Nashville, TN – Modern Country Female Rising Star
• 2016 – Nash Next “Live” WLWI 92 FM Regional Title and National Semifinalist from Nashville
Contact reporter Shannon Heupel of Montgomery Advertiser at [email protected]