Known for his use of bright colors and cheerful patterns that carry deep meanings, Murakami’s work transcends the boundaries of fine art, folk art, cultural criticism, and tasteful fashion design. His artistic movement Superflat, which brings together from Japan art history, manga and anime imagery, and a curiosity about the otaku subculture have inspired artists around the world while expanding access to creative art forms for people from diverse backgrounds socio-economic.
Murakami designs will come to life on New Era products that have shaped streetwear trends for decades. Together, they created 16 styles of headwear, four styles of clothing, and two styles of bags.
- NEW ERA X TAKASHI MURAKAMI 59FIFTY TEAM: Countless brightly colored flowers cover the entire wreath and edge of one of the three available 59FIFTY styles, while another design combines flowers embroidered with the New Era logo. One of the styles, a black cap with Murakami flowers artfully placed around the crown, will be available exclusively at neweracap.com.
- NEW ERA X TAKASHI MURAKAMI 9TWENTY ADJUSTABLE: The New Era 9TWENTY models take a more low-key approach, with solid-colored caps featuring an embroidered flower to the front of the crown.
- NEW ERA X TAKASHI MURAKAMI CLASSIC CASUAL: Murakami’s DOB character makes an appearance on one of the New Era Casual Classic models, and the New Era logo mark is flanked by flowers with stems in a different style.
- NEW ERA X TAKASHI MURAKAMI CLOTHING: Long sleeve and short sleeve t-shirts will be available in black and white. Murakami flowers fill the lines of the New Era logo on the black short sleeve, while on the black long sleeve the New Era logo sits on a bed of flowers. The white short-sleeved shirt features “New Era” on the chest in college style lettering covered with Murakami characters, and the white long-sleeved shirt features a collaboration mark on the chest with Blue DOB on the sleeve.
- NEW ERA X TAKASHI MURAKAMI ACCESSORIES: The release is slated for Spring 2022, two bag options will be available: a backpack and a fanny pack, both in black and featuring Murakami flowers on the front and sides of the bags.
the New era x Takashi Murakami The collection will also include cap designs on the New Era 9FIFTY Snapback, 9FORTY Adjust, 9FORTY Trucker and Cuff Knit hat styles.
âNew Era is passionate about working with talented people and leading brands to create iconic products that energize lifestyle culture around the world,â said Marc Maidment, Senior Vice President Brand at New Era. “We are delighted to launch this collaboration, led by our New Era Japan team, which combines classic New Era style with the transcendent illustrations of immense talent. Takashi Murakami. “
The collection will be available on neweracap.com, certain New Era stores and certain retailers.
ABOUT THE NEW ERA CAP: Since 1920, New Era has been handcrafting the world’s finest headgear. Today, with its lines of clothing and accessories, the brand is a market leader rooted in sport and an influencer of street and lifestyle culture around the world. With over 500 licenses in its portfolio, New Era is the brand of choice in the worlds of sports, fashion, music and entertainment. The Company is headquartered at Buffalo, New York, and its products are sold in more than 120 countries. For more information on New Era’s global offices and partnerships, visit www.neweracap.com and social networks @neweracap.
The Martin group for the New Era cap
518-618-1175 | [emailÂ protected]
SOURCE New Era Cap Co.